Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Holt Goes To Hollywood

Ohai I got a new layout. Likes? You do?! Thx! I don't know how I feel about it just yet, but if anyone runs across a cute template site, lemme know!

Anyway, after some general boredom, I took my cyber-ass to the Adult Swim website and downloaded their new compilation mixtape, Worldwide Renewal Program. Yeah, you didn't know Adult Swim put music together?

Well now you know! Oh! You just been learned homie!

So on this mixtape is a rapper called Hollywood Holt. He's not from Hollywood btw. He's from Chi-town. I know! I got confused too! I listened to his song, "Hollywood." And fell like so in lurve with it. I went to his website and turns out homeboy has a mixtape of his own, called Holt Goes to Hollywood.

I downloaded it (duh) and ALLZ I can say is mad props to my man! The whole 22 track mixtape is ALMOST flawless except for the fact that he can't seem to get the lead-ins to the next song to gel quite right, but overlooking that, the rap game may have just found a new contender.

Hollywood Holt is ALLZ about mopeds and ain't taking no shit from the "bitches in the parking lot." If he had a cute bitch, he'd throw her on the back of his moped and glide away with his newly acquired eBay treasures.

Dude is cooler than the other side of the pillow. His genius is taking already popular songs and turning them into his own by rapping over the beat, or throwing in a verse of his. ("Throw Some D's On It" became "Throw A Kit On That Bitch", about his moped obvi. "Beat In My Trunk" has samples from that "Cryptonite" song.)

There's even a new My!Gay!Husband! remix of Fiest's "My Moon My Man" with Hollywood Holt. Did I mention Steven Hawking did the intro and outro to this shit?! Damn!

The best songs, hands down, are "Throw a Kit on it," "Rapture," and "Kingdom Come." Whoever produced this ish should be given some kind of award.

Obvi I could go on all day about Hollywood Holt, but I'm sure people read blogs so they don't have to read, so I won't. Just cop that mixtape here, and listen to Hollywood Holt here.

"Throw A Kit"



No biterz!

Deuces,
Erika

1 comments:

Menotme said...

I've been looking for a copy of this for a few years. Lost mine in travels. Will you let me know where I can obtain one? In real need, much love! Mtggtm@outlook