Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rannnnnndommmmmm

I have a Myspace. It's right here. I don't really talk with friends on it (because I have a Blackberry that texts AND makes outgoing calls) and I got it when I was like fourteen. Anyway, when I was in high school, an old friend and I had terrible falling out involving some internet slander, canceled plans, immature name calling, and a few hate emails.

So today I actually logged onto my Myspace and saw a message from her. I hadn't heard from this chick in forever. She said she was sorry about how everything ended and just wanted to talk about things. You know what they say, the internet makes you braver.

I was shocked, but also touched. I messaged her back and we spoke awhile about how things were and could be. We're not best friends all over again, but at least we're on amiable terms again. It's nice to be able to make amends and clear up all of the things we were too childish to see.

We're different people now, and everything's coming together. Just goes to show you that no matter how long it's been since you talked to an old friend, you can always rekindle a spark, an ember, something.

Makes me happy inside.

Deuces,
Erika

0 comments: