Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pieces

Okay I'm currently in love with this song. Like, for seriously. Can't get it out of my head, wake up singing it, put it on as soon as I get in the car kind of infatuation. Normally I'm not a big fan of country/indie pop/rock girl groups with a twang-ish guitar and harmonic vocals. I usually leave those sorts of bands to the girls who like Liz Phair.

But this time they trapped me. I swear I listened to shit just like this when I was in like 10th grade. Why am I musically devolving?! It's good stuff nonetheless.

I saw the Bridges live once, when they came up to Atlanta to perform for National Record Store Day. I wrote a little bit about it here. I thought they were great. You'll probably think that too, unless you have no heart.

If that's true, you don't deserve good music. So there.

The Bridges: "Pieces"

Deuces,
Erika

0 comments: