Friday, July 18, 2008

Guest Blogger: I'm Happy for Once!

I am a shameless self-promoter. I have absolutely no problem admitting that to you guys. I think that you are either comfortable talking yourself up to strangers or you’re not. And I most certainly am. If you read my post from yesterday, you might recall my mentioning the fact that today I was going to photograph a stylist for my internship. This is pretty awesome, considering the fact that I am a lowly intern, and my amazing boss actually let me use her camera and go and do this by myself. But anyways, I leave at like 10:30, which is pretty much the earliest I’ve been up in months. It’s sweltering-ly hot outside, so by the time I actually get to the building, I’m disgusting, sweaty, and my pretty hair now looks like shit. Oh, well, I finally make it there to discover that this stylist is like soo cool and funny. He’s obsessed with the best music and movies. He works as an artist and has all of his paintings around his apartment. One of his first fashion shoots was inspired by My Own Private Idaho, and River Phoenix is one of his favorite fashion inspirations. Basically, he’s like one the most insanely inspiring and cool people I’ve met so far who work in the fashion industry. So do you know what I did next? Duh, I asked him if he needed any interns! I mean, my current internship is only three days a week, I’ve got a lot of free time on my hands that usually ends up dedicated to my all consuming love, the internet. He was totally enthusiastic about it though, his current assistant would love the help, and they’d both love having a cool, young girl around. Can you believe it guys? This may be one of the first times in my life that being young and a girl has actually helped me in a situation! So yay! I emailed him like the sec I got home, and he’s going to contact me next week. I’m so excited and happy right now, I’m not even upset that I’m not going to be able to see Batman today. I have to apologize though, I think my whiny complaining posts are actually more interesting than my happy posts. In case any of you are interested, I’ll be sure to post the link to the interview and photos when they’re posted up on models.com, btw.

So freaking happy it’s Friday. What are you guys doing this weekend? Besides going to see Batman. Feel free to tell me what happens if you do go see it though! I personally am a huge fan of the spoiler.

Valentina

You should go and read my blog today. I have a super adorbz post about how much I miss my siblings. Go and read it, and tell me stories about your crazy siblings!

**Best quote of the entire interview**
Question: What is your biggest weakness?
Answer: Hairspray.

3 comments:

MACK said...

I'm doing Diplo & Santi this Sunday!

Valentina said...

ooh, me too girl! I'm like so excited, I'm totes gonna get there like 4 hours early to get a good spot!

Erika said...

Dude. I saw Batman tonight at 10:15 pm. We got there at 9:30 and the line was out the fucking theatre. The guy behind us was bumming handfuls of food and sips of beer off random audience people, but the movie was fucking fantastic. You have to see it. HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO.
In other news, your internship sounds awesome! I gotta learn to work self promo into my convos like you can! Post tonz of pics from the Summerstage thingy tomorrow!
Okay, it's almost 3 am. I'm going to bed. Kthxbai.