Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mooka Kinney Nooooo!!!! But Then...Yesss!!!!

As a poor girl, I pour all of my mental millions into the rad, chic fashion I can never hope to afford that I see in the glossy 8.5 x 11'' pages of fashion magazines. So far, by my calculations it would seem that I have gone bankrupt from spending my virtual fortune on Mooka Kinney.

I luff Mooka Kinney. Espesh when I learned they dressed Lovefoxxx from CSS and the girls from one of my fave bands, Tilly and the Wall. The clothes are like what I would wear everyday if I were a size 4, had long silky golden locks, wore brown eyeshadow, and lived my life as a personal homage to Jane Birkin. I've been slowly plotting the day where I can actually afford to walk into I Heart NYC and buy up a storm of jumpers, peasant dresses, and pleated skirts.

But ALAS! I just heard that Mooka Kinney is no more! After a small vigil of lavender scented candles and Nico, I am okay. Because it turns out that 1/2 of MK, Rachel Antonoff, has made a line of her own. And it's wonderful! It's like 40's Brighton Beach splendor for girls that aren't a size 00! And she got ScarJo to model it, which really doesn't excite me, but she also got Alia Shawkat to model it too! And if I look as good as they do in Antonoff's stripey jumpers and frilly dresses, then I will feel, like, soooo complete you guys.

More pics after the nonexistent jump!

Don't you just love it guys??? Love for the not so skinny set!

Deuces,
Erika

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Scarlett
in the second to last picture?

Erika said...

It sure is!

Valentina said...

I like these dresses, I just have a very strong feeling that they'd look terrible on me in person.

Erika said...

Really? I think the last one would look good on everybody!

Valentina said...

No, it's like totes adorable and everything, I just think I'd look really young in it. Like younger than I already do. I want to try them on now and see.

Lolita Hazed said...

Really?? Mooka Kinney-- dead? Thank God I scored a dress before that death. I have the swan dress and I love it so. Rachel Antonoff is such a sweetheart, we were pen-pals for awhile but I don't think she likes me anymore.
These dresses are adorable but I already miss Mooka Kinney.