Thursday, July 31, 2008

Street Teaming

Did anyone see Death Wish? If not, you need to see all three of them immediately. For your sanity, not mine.

So first off...did everyone in the internet die? There's tumbleweed blowing around. Sarah Morrison is posting five blog entries a day...probably to cope. Should I prepare to attend internet funerals? I have a nice pretty red dress for the occasion. Like, a minidress is conservative, right?

I can't stand this anymore. The idea (and the reality) that some fucking kids have my property and my life and didn't work for any of it. They won't give two shits if anything happens to my planner (which has everything I do and all my numbers and business cards in it. I haven't been able to keep my shit together and I'm scheduling appointments on top of appointments because of it. My Cal State student ID was in that planner as well as really important phone numbers.) or my Zune (which is the first expensive thing I ever bought with my own money. It was 250.00 and I had to take other people's shifts when I was working for minimum wage at Sanrio to pay for it.). That pisses me off.

Because I don't feel like they just took my car. I feel like they took some of my life. They damn sure took my personal property, but they also took my peace of mind, my trust, and my future. I was supposed to drive that car to CA and keep it until I could afford to buy one for myself. That car was paid in full. It was an investment. And those fucking kids don't care.

So I'm taking matters into my own hands. The police aren't doing shit. Nobody else in my life (my mother aside) cares about this car half as much as I do. So I'm going to rely on strangers a little bit. Because, honestly, will it hurt? I'm going Charles Bronson on these motherfuckers.

I'm posting flyers for my car all through East Atlanta. I know you girls aren't in ATL but anyone who wants to help, please contact me. Le sigh. This is not how my life is supposed to be. I should be excited to move, and looking forward to buying new clothes for the new school year. But instead I'm saving up in the event that I have to start putting payments on another car. It's soooo fucked up.

These stupid kids fucked me and I'm going to try my damnedest to fuck them back.

Deuces,
Erika

4 comments:

MACK said...

I thought it was just me that noticed the lack of activity on the internet. I went to MissBehave and only 2 new posts...wtf? I think maybe because the summer is winding down and everyone is getting ready for school and stuff, that the internet has slipped into the passenger seat. What with moving (you) trips (V and me, soon) school (practically everyone) and of course jobs...blogging is dying. I am dying with it. This is depressing.

If you have a scanned version of your flyer, I'll put it up on my blog. I have a friend who lives in GA from H.S. -- I'll spam her myspace and leave the flyer is 15 comments. Sound good?

Erika said...

OK. I'm trying to figure out how I can make this flyer because I'm sort of worried that if I leave my cell number on there, some dumb fucker will think it's funny to call me at all hours of the night, and my mom said that the kids who took my car could get some sick kick out of how distraught I am. But I think I will do it anyway. I just need to figure out how to lay it out. And I put in an ASK MISSBEHAVE about it. I'm getting my car back.

MACK said...

I'd say its better to leave your cell number rather than your house. Just don't put your address on there. Late night phone calls might be worth it if it eventually gets you your car back. What are the police doing? Up here, my friends car got stolen from IN FRONT OF HER HOUSE in Brooklyn in a matter of about 10 minutes. It was crazy but, the cops recovered the car 3 or 4 days later. Stripped, of course.

Erika said...

ATL police really are kinda useless for this, because they don't have enough manpower to deal with every case, but Atlanta also has an extremely high car theft rate. Oh yeah, plus about 1 in every like 4 people in Atlanta are murdered, so I assume they're dealing with that. I know a few people that got their cars stolen out of their DRIVEWAYS and never got them back. Pretty much, don't ever live here if you want to drive or live a long life. I think I will put my cell on there.